|The VFX (Visual Effects) editor is a general purpose particle effect generating tool made using .NET 2.0/C# |
and managed DirectX. Different versions of this tool will be posted here for download/demo and there are big plans for it
in the future.
- Added configurable properties and a lot of new particle properties and the corresponding support for them.
- Added another post-process shader called ROBOT-VISION 2.
- Added premade post render process shaders for under water, bluring, and robot-vision.
- Added debug functionality to render rotational axes of currently rendered VFX as they play out.
- Added togglable options tab, with application settings for things like those listed above.
- Added shader parameters in the initial properties for VFX.
- Changed the background color of VFX View rendering window to be dark gray so that VFX could be more easily seen.
- Added Disc to possible particle shapes.
- Added "Are you sure?" prompt dialog when the editor is being closed and still has changed/unsaved VFX.
- Improved texture backgrounds (Which better allows you to see more translucent textures).
- Changed camera model, got rid of flip issue at the apex of rotation.
- Fix, which should allow running on 64 bit processors.
- Fixed selection of the first timeline once VFX duration changed.
- Fixed logical error in deletion of VFX in the treeview, where grandchildren nodes were not retained after.
- Fixed timelines such that points cannot be made to be out of order.
- Improved Steam.vfx.
- Support put in place for graphics cards that do not support shaders to render on software.
- Added Spheres and Cylinders to possible particle shapes.
- Fixed focus issue between VFX treeview and main tabs, removed min/max value reading from file for timelines.
- Slight modifications to some VFX.
- Fixed depth buffer issue, autosizing issue with timelines, draw-order issue for color/alpha timeline, and others.
- Added particle shape feature (Currently cube and square are supported), and repeating VFX.
- Improvement to timeline selection, where it now highlights the whole panel.
- Added "IceCubes.vfx".
- In the VFX treeview, you can now make VFX root-VFX, and rename VFX.
- Fixes made to VFX treeview operations of old, handling for bad textures, and a handful of other stability fixes.
- Improvements/logic-fixes made to the changed/unsaved feature, and treeview operations.
- Create, Edit, Group, Delete, and Play VFX.
- Specify a host of time based properties via sophisticated timelines w/ randomization.
- Browse and play effects conveniently with VFX browser.
- Watch your VFX play out from any vantage point in the VFX View-Tab w/ a sleek camera system.
- Store your VFX in files which can be used in games.
|Initial particle properties being editted.
|Per-particle properties being editted.
|View of a VFX being played in the VFX-View window.